OECD HomologationThe OECD homologation of agricultural and forestry tractors is based on a regulation providing specific tests and useful elements on the performance of tractors and their protective structures.
ENAMA: The OECD designated National AuthorityOECD Codes) providing specific tests and useful elements on the performance of tractors and their protective structures.
- Code 2 - Testing of agricultural and forestry tractor performance;
- Codes 3 and 4 - Dynamic and Static Test of the strength of protective structures for agricultural and forestry tractors;
- Code 5 - Noise measurement at the driver's position(s);
- Codes 6 and 7 - Testing of the front-mounted and rear-mounted protective structures on narrow-track wheeled agricultural and forestry tractors;
- Code 8 - Testing of protective structures on agricultural and forestry tracklaying tractors;
- Code 9 - Protective structures for telehandlers (testing of falling-object and roll-over protective structures fitted to self-propelled variable reach all-terrain trucks for agricultural use);
- Code 10 - Testing of falling object protective structures.
ENAMA is the Body authorized by the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry – with Ministerial Decree n. 10499 of 19th December 2000 - to coordinate national certification activities.
This activity is particularly interesting as it allows to dispose of concrete data about the real performance of the tractors.
For further information on the various aspects of OECD homologation, please refer to the following links:
- Download and consultation of the OECD Codes
- Abstracts of agricultural tractor test search engine
- List of National designated Authorities and Testing Stations
- Advantages of the OECD Tractor Codes (italian)
- Advantages of the OECD Tractor Codes (english)
- Guidelines on Code 2
- More about the Tractor Codes
- Official Brochure OECD Tractors
AUTHORIZED TESTING CENTERS IN ITALY AND AVERAGE OF PERFORMED TESTS
Pursuant to Ministerial Decree 10499 of 19 December 2000, a total of four test centers are accredited in Italy to perform tests in accordance with the OECD Codes:
- Laboratorio di Meccanica Agraria del Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Agro-Alimentari (DISTAL) - Bologna University - accredited to perform compliant tests with all OECD Codes: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10;
- Istituto per le Macchine Agricole e Movimento Terra (IMAMOTER) - CNR, Turin - accredited to perform compliant tests with all OECD Codes: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10;
- Dipartimento di Scienze Agrarie ed Ambientali, Produzione, Territorio, Agro Energia (DISAA) - Milan University - accredited to perform compliant tests with OECD Codes: 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10;
- Centro di Ricerca Ingegneria e Trasformazioni Agroalimentari (Treviglio – BG) del Consiglio per la ricerca in agricoltura e l’analisi dell’economia agraria (CREA), accredited to perform compliant tests with OECD Codes: 2, 5, 10.
Testing activity is of remarkable importance, both for the complexity of the tests themselves - that are carried out in compliance with the OECD regulation which provides for strict standards aimed at guaranteeing an ever-increasing protection to the safety of agricultural operators - and for the large number of annually performed tests, with an average of 200.
During the year 2019, a total of 208 Test Reports were verified and managed as National Authority, divided as follow by OECD Standards:
- Code 2: n.15 tests
- Code 4: n.59 tests
- Code 5: n.1 test
- Code 6: n.19 tests
- Code 7: n.53 tests
- Code 8: n.13 tests
- Code 10: n.48 tests
ENAMA organized the 17th OECD international conference, hosted in Italy (Bologna, Milan, Turin, Treviglio) from 8th to 11th October 2013.
OECD EVENTS 2019 / 2020The most recent International Meetings in which ENAMA took part are listed below. These events are the most important for the discussion, elaboration and technical implementation of the "OECD Standard Codes for the Official Testing of Agriculture and Forestry Tractors" and numerous qualified experts from all over the world participate to these events.
- OECD Sub-Working Group Meeting, 6-7 of February 2019, Groβ-Umstadt, Germany
- Annual Meeting of the OECD Tractor Codes, 26-27 of February 2019, Paris, France
- Technical Working Group Meeting of the OECD Tractor Codes, 12-13 of June 2019, Paris, France
- 20th OECD Biennial Test Engineers’Conference, 1-3 of October 2019, Wieselburg, Austria
- Annual Meeting of the OECD Tractor Codes, 25-26 of February 2020, Paris, France
- Technical Working Group Meetingof the OECD Tractor Codes, 4-5 of June 2020, Prague, Czech Republic
ENAMA: OECD Tractors Coordination CentreSince January 2010, ENAMA has been recognized as OECD Coordination Centre for tractor's homologation worldwide.
ENAMA, as Coordination Centre ensures:
- The same approach and interpretation of the Codes among the Test Stations across the world;
- A fast and accurate technical check of Test reports;
- Traceability and availability of test results